At the Salon
How L'Oreal Is Helping The Professional Community
In these challenging and uncharted times, the salon and professional community is counting on our support today more than ever. Since the beginning of this unprecedented health crisis, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and partners have been our top priorities. With this in mind, we would like to share with you what L’Oreal USA Professional Products initiatives are being implemented immediately to our stylist and salon partners as we continue to support and help the professional beauty industry rebuild their lives in this fight against COVID-19:
SUPPORT THROUGH THE PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY ASSOCIATION
PBA COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
- L’Oreal USA Professional Products is donating to the Professional Beauty Association COVID-19 Relief Fund - bringing the industry together by supporting the licensed salon professionals unable to work due to COVID-19. The funding is intended to be emergency aid for short-term immediate needs such as food and bills. Click here to learn more.
- As Congress is working to develop an economic stimulus package, we are supporting our PBA partner who is engaged and asking Members of Congress to include the 45B FICA tax tip credit, which will help provide immediate funding to salons and stylists in need of financial assistance. You can also help support the salon and stylist community by emailing your local official through the Professional Beauty Association website. Click hereto learn more.
Support For FICA Credit In The Economic Stimulus Package:
CHARITABLE PRODUCT CONTRIBUTIONS
- Through partnership with Product Club, SalonCentric by L'Oreal Professional Products Division donated 10,500 medical-grade gloves to medical-grade centers throughout the US by a nonprofit specializing in disaster-relief emergency activities.
- L’Oreal USA Professional Products is donating a supply of over 100,000 dry shampoos to local crisis response teams and healthcare workers to alleviate daily hygiene needs.
- Corporate donation and employee match campaign to Feeding America – L’Oréal USA will donate $250,000 to the U.S. hunger relief organization Feeding America to provide emergency support for their COVID-19 Response Fund and help relieve food-insecure families across America. This is part of a company-wide giving campaign in which L'Oréal USA will match additional employee donations dollar for dollar up to $25,000.
- L’Oréal’s North American manufacturing facilities have begun production of alcohol-based hand sanitizer – L’Oréal’s production facilities have begun producing alcohol-based hand sanitizer and will soon be distributing free of charge to U.S. employees, partners, and healthcare professionals working on the frontlines of this emergency.
- Donating high-need personal care and hygiene products to Feed the Children – L’Oréal USA will make a donation of personal care products valued at more than $1 million, including cleansers and moisturizers, to the non-profit organization Feed the Children as part of its community-based emergency response to COVID-19.
- Donating surgical and N95 respirator masks to local hospitals – L'Oréal USA will donate protective masks from its operations facilities in North Little Rock, Arkansas, and Franklin, New Jersey, to local hospital systems in each surrounding community. Through partnership with Product Club, SalonCentric already donated 10,500 medical-grade gloves to medical centers throughout the US by a nonprofit specializing in disaster-relief emergency activities.
- Relief for small businesses – L’Oréal USA will freeze the existing payments of very small and small-sized enterprises in its distribution network, including independent hair salons, until their businesses resume. Additionally, L’Oréal USA will shorten its payment times for small suppliers who have been most exposed to this economic crisis.
L’Oréal USA has also announced a multi-faceted initiative to support Americans and those around the globe during the COVID-19 outbreak and recovery. L’Oréal USA’s initiative includes the following measures: