Redken Artist Spotlight: Becka Bradshaw (Tampa, FL)
October 31, 2015
1) Where are you from?
2) How long have you been a stylist or colorist?
I have been licensed for 7 years as a cosmetologist, and 1 year as a barber.
3) What inspired you to become a stylist or colorist?
The true inspiration to become a stylist came from a morning I was having coffee next to a salon.
I was seeing people walk out looking at themselves with an extra sparkle in their eye in the salon windows, and I knew that was what I wanted to do.
4) What would you consider to be your specialties?
I have a passion for design, and truly love to cut hair.
5) What are your favorite style and color trends at the moment?
I adore the trend towards shorter hair on women. Shorter shapes and collarbone grazing length is so beautiful and powerful! As Chanel said, "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life."
Having a special place in my heart for blonding, I find myself more recently drawn towards the more natural color placements, beautiful sun-kissed balayage and babylights that allow your lower-maintenance hair to look better for longer.
For my guests not afraid to try something a little bolder, I love how we are seeing soft whispers of pastel incorporated into a luxury look.
6) What Redken products can’t you live without? I wouldn't leave home without my Pillow Proof Two Day Extender. I'm always a fan of 2nd and 3rd day hair, and this product allows me to extend my blowdry while adding volume at the root where I need it most.
When styling, I have to give a shoutout to Guts 10. This product can make even the finest of hair have substance, and is an essential if you are building a session kit.
7) Do you have any hairstyling tips/tricks for client at-home styling?
The base of a perfect style starts with the correct shampoo and conditioner, so be sure you are using the best Redken Haircare possible for your locks!
Also, I think it is important to mention that most styles will require more than one product. The best looks created are from blending and layering the correct Redken products in the correct areas.
8) Where do you find inspiration for coming up with new styles?
Inspiration is everywhere around me! I draw inspiration from the cities I visit, shapes and colors found in nature, and the amazing community of artists I am forever grateful to work with.