Redken Artist Spotlight: Kristin Longstreet (Ojai, CA)
October 31, 2015
1) Where are you from? Ojai, California
2) How long have you been a stylist or colorist? 14 Years including school.
3) What made you want to become a stylist or colorist?
I have always considered myself lucky. The internal conversation of “what I want to be when I grow up” never came up. It was always hair related and I never had a plan b, unless you count the brief stint where I wanted to be a pilot in the Navy.
4) What would you consider to be your specialties? Coordinating, consulting, color correction and treatments.
5) What are your favorite style and color trends at the moment? If the look makes my guest feel more confident, attractive and feel like they can take over the world that is my favorite.
6) What Redken products can’t you live without? I need them all!
7) Do you have any hairstyling tips/tricks for client at-home styling? 1. Don’t try a new style on yourself before a big event without professional help.
2. Have a hand mirror for back of hair checks.
3. Use the product I recommend and how we practiced during the product application.
8) Where do you find inspiration for coming up with new styles? My methods of finding inspiration are always changing. The fashion industry is changing rapidly and consumers have a new and different perspective. I follow fashion and pay attention to my surroundings. Traveling is my biggest inspiration. Living in California we have a different culture that changes rapidly from one town to the next. Wherever it may be, I like to observe a local behavior and culture and feel their vibe, listen to the sound of their voice and then the ideas just flow.