1) Where are you from?
I live in Seattle, Washington!
2) How long have you been a stylist or colorist?
3) How are you affiliated with Redken?
I am a Redken Artist! Redken Design & Color Certified. Redken Specialist and Master Specialist.
4) What inspired you to become a stylist or colorist?
It all began when I started going to punk rock shows when I was 13. That raw, DIY approach to hair was brilliant. I started experimenting on myself and friends, and that instinctively artistic manner has led me to my career & absolute passion and joy in life.
5) What would you consider to be your specialties?
All kinds of styling and up-do's. Extensive color correction, dreamy color melts, gorgeous glossy color, making hair healthy with dimensional shine, and really just customizing the perfect look for you! Design and finishing hair as well. I adore the art of hairdressing!
6) What are your favorite style and color trends at the moment?
Can't get enough of beachy, lived-in texture and highly dimensional color that looks just effortless!
7) What Redken products can’t you live without? Anti-Snap! A miracle elixir that I prescribe to my guests constantly. Guts 10 for targeted volume in wet hair, and especially important used to reset root direction on dry hair during event styling! Genius Wash is impressing me greatly on all hair types. It makes the hair feel so nourished and is like a spa experience on your scalp!
8) Do you have any hairstyling tips/tricks for client at-home styling?
Set yourself up first and foremost with the proper Shampoo, Conditioner, and leave-in Treatment prescribed by YOUR hairdresser! Once you've got that custom hair care regimen down- get some styling products to create different looks on your own. (It's good to have a collection of products, think of them as accessories that change with mood!)
We as hair dressers will make your hair stunning in the salon, but half the upkeep is what you do to it at home. We put our heart and soul into our creations, so please wear our work with pride. Your hair is the ultimate accessory, essentially!
9) Where do you find inspiration for coming up with new styles?
All over, all the time, every day. Especially when traveling to unfamiliar grounds and opening my eyes to something new.
Adventuring in nature, observing, exploring, being outside. Nature has such effortlessly beautiful transitions of color and texture all around us.
Check out the reflection of colors illuminating on the water from the city lights at night, the way autumn leaves transform through the color spectrum, or a summer sunset that melts like an orange dreamsickle and some blue & pink cotton candy.
Also the circles I surround myself in outside of the hair world. Punk rock, hip hop, rock-n roll, the underground- these are the artists, the movers and shakers, free thinkers, people that are changing the world, and my friends. Constantly inspired by those that go against the grain, stand up for what they believe in, and dance to their own beat.