Halloween is the best day of the year for a beauty junkie! Let your creative juices flow. Whether you’re ready to channel the look of your favorite big-screen heroine, put an elevated twist on your go-to animal ensemble or prefer to keep it classic, we’ve got your hairstyle covered.
1) Spray Iron Shape 22 throughout hair prior to curling hair for heat protection. Curl full head.
2) Use your fingers to brush through your curls before spraying the ends with Wax Blast 10 for some piecey texture.
3) Rub a couple drops of Glow Dry Oil between your palms and use to smooth away any flyaways.
4) Finish your Mermaid Hairstyle with a jewel crown.
1920’s Flapper Hair
1) Start by creating a rounded horse shoe shaped section.
2) Back comb the entire bottom section, then smooth and secure in an elastic at the end of the hair. Roll the tied section up and under, securing in place with bobby pins.
3) Spritz Hot Sets Thermal Setting Mist on 2-inch sections and wrap around around a small iron.
4) Once cooled, gently comb curls. Loosely pin up curls to create bob effect, setting the style with Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray.
1) Start by curling throughout the head with a 1 ¼ curling iron, setting curls with Hot Sets 22.
2) Brush curls out with fingers and apply Quick Tease 15.
3) Starting at the bottom of each curl, pinch and pull up in a teasing motion
4) Repeat this technique all over hair while applying powder grip for added texture
Dragon Queen Braids
1) Distribute Rough Paste 12 throughout the hair.
2) With a center part, create a 3 strand dutch braid high on top of the head only feeding hair into the top section. Repeat on other side.
3) Create a second dutch braid underneath the top braid, repeating the same steps.
4) Secure the top 2 braids with an elastic, and secure the bottom 2 braids just below.
5) Spritz Iron Shape 11 and wrap bottom hair around a 2-inch curling iron for a soft curl.
6) Lock in the style with Triple Take 32 hairspray.
1) Take a triangle section on the top of the head, twist and push forward. Secure with a bobby pin.
2) Prep hair with Rough Paste 12.
3) Create a three strand Dutch braid all the way down to neck and secure with an elastic hairband.
4) Add more Rough Paste 12 before creating the infinity braid with loose hair and secure with elastic hairband.
5) Lock in style for this Superhero "I Mean Business" Braid with Control Addict 28.
1) Create triangle section all the way back to the crown, secure with elastic. Leave out front 2 sections from the ear forward. Take the rest of the hair in the back and secure with elastic creating a high pony tail.
2) Back comb the top pony tail and wrap around clockwise to creat your unicorn horn and secure with Bobby pin ..
3) Pray the sides and work in Fashion works 12.
4) Brush back 2 side sections and wrap around the base of the 2nd pony tail, secure with Bobby pin
5) Lock in style with Control Addict 28.
1) Start with applying Pillow Proof Primer Spray and Guts 10 Spray Foam for added all-over volume. Blow out hair for a voluminous blow out.
2) Create a middle part to split the sections of hair down the center and wrap both sections separately into two high buns.
3) With a curling iron, curl hair in small 1″ sections. The smaller the section, the tighter the curl and the tighter the curl, the bigger the hair! On the ends, use your fingers to separate the curls and loosen it all up.
4) Flip hair over and shake the curls out until the sectioned curls are no longer visible.
5) Back comb/tease the under layers of hair creating volume.
6) Use Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray for hold and Powder Grip 03 Mattifying Hair Powder for big sexy hair.
For more Halloween hair inspiration follow @Redken on Instagram!