Summer brings with it plenty of sun, sand and relaxation, but it can also bring some unfortunate hair woes, namely frizz, static, and flyaways caused by humidity.
Do you struggle to control your frizz in the summertime? Don’t let the July heat keep you from flaunting your best look this season. Thankfully, Redken’s NEW Frizz Dismiss haircare collection features sustainably sourced Babassu Oil to ensure smooth, manageable, frizz-free hair all summer long.
Read on to discover how you can tame frizzy hair with Frizz Dismiss, and get inspired with gorgeous summer styles featured on social media superstar @Mahogany Lox!
Frizz Dismiss Anti-Static Oil Mist
With Redken’s NEW Frizz Dismiss Anti-Static Oil Mist, you can instantly smooth flyaways and unwanted static. This lightweight leave-in treatment is the perfect frizz-fighting finishing touch to every summer style.
• Part hair down the middle; section one side out of the way.
• Take a 1-2 inch section at the top near your part and separate into three sections
• Take the outside section and cross it underneath the middle; alternate the process on each side, looping in more hair as you continue down the length of the hair. Stop braiding when you reach the nape of your neck and secure with an elastic band. Repeat all steps on opposite side.
• Combine both braids at the nape using an elastic band.
Redken’s Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame leave-in treatment is a hydrating frizz treatment that protects hair from heat up to 450 degrees. From blowouts to curls, it’s a must-have for moisturizing and protecting the hair when heat styling.
• Create a clean side part, section hair with clips and blowdry hair section by section with a round natural bristle brush.
• With a large (1 inch) single barrel curling iron, take hair in 1-inch sections and curl away from the face. Tilt head back and break up curls with fingers, finish by applying Frizz Dismiss Anti-Static Oil Mist to tame fly aways and polish curls if needed.