Mermaid Hair: Chloe Norgaard's City Beats Haircolor + Makeup Challenge
THE NEXT LOOK IN THE CHLOE NORGAARD CITY BEATS HAIRCOLOR & NYX MAKEUP CHALLENGE.
Flowing mermaid locks are popping up left and right all over social media, so it’s no wonder the trend is taking off. The seemingly effortless ability to blend vibrant neon colors together makes for a beachy look that’s out of this world.
In this installment of our monthly haircolor journey , Redken Artist Sean Godard switched things up with this chic mermaid ‘do on Redken Muse Chloe Norgaard. To really turn the mermaid trend on its head, Sean teamed up with NYX Cosmetics to create metallic finishes both on the face and the hair. The bold contrasts found throughout this multidimensional look inspires taking risks and stepping out of a comfort zone.
If vivid shades are what you are after, look no further than this bold color mash-up using City Beats. To get the look, Godard mixed several shades from Redken’s semi-permanent haircolor line including Highline Green, Yellow Cab, Brooklyn Blue, Village Violet and Clear. What really sets this color apart from other mermaid looks are the shadow roots, which were created with Shades EQ in 06T.
By using high contrasting shades in this look, Godard was able to create a balayage effect on Chloe’s hair. To help avoid potential damage that comes with this type of processing, ask for pH-Bonder during your next haircolor service. The bonder system can help with smoothness and preserving the integrity of the hair.
For Chloe’s striking makeup look, the NYX Cosmetics team went with holographic shades throughout key points of her face to emulate a true sea-goddess glow. In this case, less was more by using only a few products in order to help the mermaid theme shine through. The lips take center stage in this look thanks to their multidimensional tones. Paired with flirty lashes and glowy skin, it’s no wonder minimal makeup helped bring Chloe’s color-chameleon transformation to life.
1. Create a clean canvas on you skin by applying NYX Studio Perfect Face Primer.
2. For defined brows like Chloe’s, sculpt arches using NYX Micro Brow Pencil.
3. A picture-perfect complexion starts with a solid foundation. Use NYX's Total Control Drop Foundation to build up any desired level of coverage.
4. To neutralize darkness and give skin a boost, dab a small amount of NYX’s Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand along the under eyes.
5. Make eyes stand out by sweeping cool neutral shades on the lids using NYX’s Go-To Palette in Bon Voyage.
6. No mermaid look would be complete without a holographic twist. Give skin a luminous lilac glow with NYX's Duo Chromatic Illumination Powder in Snow Rose.
7. Pro tip: to fake the appearance of a fuller lip, apply NYX Lingerie Lipstick in Silk Indulgent and follow up with a dab of NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in the center. The eyeshadow leaves pink neutral lips with a stunning iridescent effect.
8. Set the makeup in place by spritzing NYX’s Dewy Finish Setting Spray all over the skin.
Want to take the trend for a test drive? Be sure to tag @Redken in your next hair and makeup color transformation by using #RedkenColor and #CityBeats!