FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive news on our latest launches
and events,hair tutorials and more!
Upgrade your messy ponytail with this side french braid. Create this easy braid for long hair in just a few easy steps.
• Mist pillow proof blow dry express primer spray all-over damp hair.
• Apply a palm sized amount of full frame 07 all over your damp hair.
• Work in sections and as you work, apply more as needed.
• To help ease your blow-drying, separate the front from the back. Make a part that extends from ear to ear up through the crown of your head. Secure the front area with a clip.
• Imagine where your finished ponytail. Starting in the back area. Working in 1/2"-1" sections, take a blow-dryer and follow with a paddle brush to smooth the hair, directing it up to where the ponytail will sit. Now in the front area, repeat smoothing the hair back.
HOT TIP: Reapply full frame 07 on dry hair and blow dry again for added volume and definition concentrating on the front and crown.
• Continue this technique until you’ve completed drying your whole head making it as smooth as you can. Set aside your elastics.
• On the right side at the front of your hairline, in line with the arch of your right brow, create a curved section ending at the top of your opposite ear. Isolate this section with a clip.
• Now you’re going smooth your hair into the ponytail. Use your paddle brush and direct the remaining hair to your desired placement for the pony. Secure with an elastic.
• Apply a small amount of braid aid 03 onto the clipped-away piece in the front and create a french braid. Braid back, towards the ponytail.
• Stop your braid when you reach the base of your pony.
• Holding the end of the braid against the base of the ponytail, grab a loose piece of hair from the pony and wrap around the base of the pony. This will tie the braid and pony together.
• To create the illuson of one seamless braid, grab a 2” loose section from the pony, directly under your first braid. Now create your second French braid.
• Spray iron shape 11 all over and using a large curling iron, curl the ends of your pony for an elegant finish!
• Finish with a mist of wind blown 05.