Oil Slick: Chloe Norgaard's City Beats Haircolor + Makeup Challenge
THE NEXT LOOK IN THE CHLOE NORGAARD CITY BEATS HAIRCOLOR & NYX MAKEUP CHALLENGE.
Redken has challenged Chloe Norgaard to an entire year of hair and makeup transformations with the help of Redken Artist, Sean Godard and NYX Cosmetics. Get the full story here. Each of Chloe’s looks will be pulled from the latest trends in the world of beauty and interpreted by her stylist for the ultimate in fashion forward hair and makeup.
Inspired by the oil slick hair trend that we’ve all been seeing (and loving), Godard decided to gloss up Norgaard’s strands and add a mix of vibrancy to her dark base. By using City Beats, he was able to take her hair to the next level and add hints of vibrant color throughout to create this perfect swirl inspired by oil.
To create this look, Sean swiped various strands of hair with City Beats shades East Village Violet, Broadway Blue, West Village Sunset, Times Square Teal, Yellow Cab, and Midtown Magenta. Talk about taking advantage of the color wheel!
To accentuate her haircolor even further, makeup artist Sarah Mae for NYX Cosmetics decided to give the model glossy features to make the look even more transformative. Want to recreate her glossy look at home? Here’s exactly how Mae did it.
1. Prep your skin using NYX Shine Killer to reduce any oiliness, NYX Pore Filler to cover any open pores, and NYX Studio Perfect Face Primer on the entire face.
2. From there, use NYX’s Color Correcting Palette to disguise any redness or dark circles.
3. Now, it’s time to focus on the brows. Mae used NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown to fill in her brows and topped with NYX Eyebrow Shaper to set everything in place.
4. For foundation, Mae used NYX Stay Matte Not Flat foundation and concealed with the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer under Norgaard’s eyes.
5. Time to contour! Create dimension across your cheekbones, temples and sides of your nose using NYX Contour Palette.
6. What’s a good contour without an equally stunning highlight? May highlighted Norgaard’s cheekbones, cupid’s bow, brow bone and nose with NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam.
7. For the lids, Mae used NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Clear to create that glossy sheen and added NYX Color Mascara in Brown for the top and bottom lashes.
8. Lastly, finish off the lips using NYX Tiramisu Butter Gloss.
Voila! Hair and makeup fit for a fashion superstar. Thinking about trying out the look? Tag @Redken in your next hair and makeup transformation and use the hashtag #RedkenColor and #CityBeats to show us your look!