Split Dye: Chloe Norgaard's City Beats Haircolor + Makeup Challenge
THE NEXT LOOK IN THE CHLOE NORGAARD CITY BEATS HAIRCOLOR & NYX MAKEUP CHALLENGE.
In 2016, we couldn’t stop staring at daring fashion haircolors and regramming the latest in trendy beauty looks. One of our favorites, split dyed hair, grabbed our attention and we couldn’t turn away. That’s why as part of Redken Muse Chloe Norgaard’s ongoing haircolor journey.
The look itself is a mix of intensely vivid shades paired with equally opaque, darker tones to give an added edge to Chloe’s style. It’s completely complimentary! From the bold liner and deep lip to the unexpected contrasts in the hair, this look strikes a beautiful balance between dark and vibrant hues. Want to learn how to get the look? Here’s a total breakdown of how Redken Artist, Sean Godard along with NYX Cosmetics created Chloe Norgaard’s split dye haircolor and dark makeup.
Nothing turns heads quite like 50/50 haircolor. It’s a look that pushes the envelope and changes the way we think about traditional haircolor. To get the look, Godard started by pre-lightening two panels of hair on either side of Chloe’s face using a lightener or bleach.
Once the hair was lightened, he applied two shades of Redken’s semi-permanent haircolor, City Beats and seamlessly blended them to create a more optical look. For the blue sections, Godard used Times Square Teal and Brooklyn Blue to create that beautiful blue hue. One the other section, he used the shades East Village Violet paired with Midtown Magenta to create that punchy pink and purple gradient.
To really complement the boldness of Chloe’s hair, her makeup artist created a look that completely accentuates the haircolor without overpowering the rest of her style. She opted to start off with a clean-looking base and really put the focus on Chloe’s eyes and lips. Honestly, this strong winged liner and burgundy lip gives us life. Here’s how to get Chloe’s flawless makeup step-by-step.
1. Prep your skin using NYX Shine Killer to reduce any oiliness, NYX Pore Filler to cover any open pores, and NYX Studio Perfect Face Primer across the entire face.
2. Next, disguise any redness or dark circles using the NYX Color Correcting Palette.
3. Snatch your brows using NYX Micro Brow Pencil (Mae used the shade Ash Brown on Chloe) and top with NYX Eyebrow Shaper.
4. For foundation, smooth away any imperfections with NYX Stay Matte Not Flat Foundation and conceal with the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer under the eyes for a more wide-awake look.
5. Everyone loves a good contour. Contour with the NYX Contour Palette to define and sculpt underneath your cheekbones and along your temples.
6. From there, Mae highlighted Chloe’s cheekbones, Cupid’s Bow, brow bone and nose with NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam.
7. For the eyes, Mae used the NYX Dream Catcher palette to define her eye color and added NYX Color Mascara in Brown for the top and bottom lashes.
8. For the winged liner, reach for the NYX Matte Black Liquid Liner and NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple for an unexpected twist. From there, vamp up the look even further by using the Dream Catcher Palette to smoke out the bottom lash line.
9. To recreate Chloe’s perfect vampy lip, start by using the NYX Round Lipstick in Bruised and top with NYX Butter Gloss in Red Velvet.